Thursday, February 3, 2011

Seeking God

My husband and I have been in Bolivia, South America for less than a month and already I have learned a great deal from the Lord.
Before, I have struggled with women’s rolls in the ministry, mainly the roll of wives, and mostly me. I became almost obsessed with finding ways not to waste myself. I began to seek things, anything that seemed useful but nothing ever worked out. I read stories of other women and how they had accomplished great things for God's Glory and I prayed that somehow I could be used in the same ways. I was discouraged and felt useless to the Lord.
But since we have started on this journey, first by traveling to various churches raising money to come to Bolivia, and second by coming here, the Lord has been teaching me a great deal. He has taught me not only how to serve Him as a woman but He has also shown me how many women view other women who serve Him.
I have learned that just because my life doesn’t mirror that of other great women it doesn’t mean that I am not fulfilling God’s plan for me. I am just exactly what He created me to be, me.
As women I believe we also tend to be intimated by others who are being used greatly by the Lord. We shy away from them or tell them how sorry we are for their sacrifice or even comment on how we could never do what they do. But I believe every woman, if she truly seeks God’s Will for herself, can accomplish anything no matter how much sacrifice it may involve and even find great joy in the midst of it.
I have come to respect the roll of a Godly wife. Her ministry to her family is not looked upon as smaller or greater in God’s eyes, for if we follow His plan for us we are all equal in His eyes.
But remember, if you pray to know God’s Will for your life; don’t turn away from it just because it’s not what you expected. Run after it! It may lead you into an adventure that you never dreamed possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment